- 50g/2oz Salted butter
- 75g/30z Caster sugar
- 150g/6oz Self raising flour (Doves Farm)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Large baking tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Butter or oil for greasing
- Preheat your oven to Gas 3 and get to work greasing and lining your baking tray.
- Beat together the sugar and butter in a large bowl either with a wooden spoon or if your a lazy mare like moi then dig out the electric whisk. give the whole lot a good beat/whisk until its soft and light and well mixed.
- Stir in the rind and juice of the lemon (careful of paper cuts!) and mix through the sugar/butter mix.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and rub it in with your finger tips, pulling the mixture into a ma-hussive ball. At this stage if it feels dry add a few drops of milk,likewise if it feels too wet add a sprinkle of flour. Your aiming for a non crumbly non sticky dough (clear as mud,eh?).
- Pull small bits off of the mixture and roll into large walnut sized balls and pop on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 15minutes, due to the totally unpredictable nature of g/f baking they may need 5-10minutes more. They will brown slightly on top and will be firm when cooked so check on them and give them a poke to judge whether they're done.
- Serve to all those who say 'I don't want any of your manky/dry/bland gluten-free crap' and once they've devoured your awesome cookies, they can then EAT THEIR WORDS.