Total Time:20 minutes
- 3 Nectarines
- A good old glug of olive oil
- 3 Tsp's of caster sugar
- Mixed baby leaf salad
- 200g Of feta or Gorgonzola (or any crumbly sour cheese)
- A Tbsp glug of white wine vinegar
- A tsp of runny honey
- A tsp of gluten-free grainy mustard
- 5 Tbsp's of olive oil
- Start off by halving your nectarines and getting rid of the stones, then cut all the halves into nice chunky wedges.
- Mix up your dressing by popping all the ingredients in a clean jam jar and giving the whole lot a really good shake until its well mixed and yummy.
- You don't have to use a griddle pan but its the best thing for cooking your nectarines. Pop it over a medium/high heat until its getting on for pretty hot.
- Dunk your nectarine pieces in the olive oil,making sure they're all well coated and then carefully place them on the hot griddle. your going to want to cook them for around 30-40 seconds on each side but be careful they don't burn at such warm temperatures.
- Once you've cooked them on both sides, sprinkle on the caster sugar and balsamic vinegar. It will make a bit of a splutter (like your parents when you used to go out in a mini skirt when you were 15), but it will reduce down straight away.
- Take the nectarines out the pan straight away or they'll burn, you just want to glaze the fruit not preserve them for pickling.
- Assemble your baby leaves and feta on a plate after tossing them in a bowl with 80% off the dressing.
- Arrange in a fart arty sort of way on the plate, laying your nectarines in the most pretentious assemble as you can manage and pour over the rest of the dressing.
- Serve with steak or a bit of white fish with a flourish and a 'I know I'm awesome,what of it' gleam in your eye.