- 9oz Plain gluten free flour mix (Dietary Specials, Doves Farm, Glutafin)
- 2 tsp's Gluten free baking powder
- 5 1/2 oz Caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp's Xantham gum (Doves Farm)
- 4 tbsp's Olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 250ml Milk
- 5 1/2 oz Blueberries
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Whack the oven up to gas 6 while you set about putting your cases in a tray. If you make mini muffins just use regular cupcake cases, if you want to make normal sized muffins use muffin cases. The mixture will make 8 big muffins and 12 small mini muffins.
- Sieve your flour into a big bowl with the sugar, baking powder,cinnamon and xantham gum and add a tiny pinch of salt (brings out the flavour apparently,says James Martin) . Mix the whole lot together thoroughly.
- In another bowl whisk your egg, milk and oil together (putting oil in a cake recipe somehow seemed wrong to me, but it makes for a moist muffin). Pour the whole lot into the bowl with the flour mixture and mix well before adding your blueberries and stirring through gently. Your aiming for a soft mixture which isn't to wet and runny.
- Spoon your mixture into the cases of your choice and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until they've swelled up and have coloured on top.
Chocolate and cherry 3 1/2 oz glace cherries and 3 oz choccy
Carrot cake grate a large carrot into the mixture with 3 oz raisins with a tsp cinnamon
cranberry and white chocolate chop 3 oz of choccy and add to the mixture with 3 oz cranberries