The super duper gorgeous Lucy at aliceandbeauty gave me this oh so sweet blogger award, my first (comon, clap!!). Which was so lovely, I'd been plodding along in my quiet little corner of cyberspace, and up pops Lucy with the award. Very sweet and very much appreciated.
Rules are rules....
You've got to thank and link back to the lovely who gave you the award in the first place
share 7 things about yourself and answer another 10 questions.
Give the award to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy,
leave your recipient a note telling them about the award.
Seven rather boring things about me..
1. I'm a freelance (read unpaid) writer and researching my first book
2. I'm geek for Star Trek and WW1.
3. I have 3 cats and 1 dog, all criminally insane,
4. My 2 favourite cities are Brighton and Sheffield.
5. I own almost 200 books.
6. Katie-Boo is my alias not my name.
7. I broke my GHD's on new years eve and cried for 15minutes.
1. Why did you create this blog?
I was desperately bored, and it seemed a way to sort of 'evolve' my writing, if you like. I loved the other blogs I was reading, which were mostly fashion type mosts, and there was no way I'd be putting pictures up of my pasty face, so I started blogging about something I know a lot about..eating and baking, specifically gluten-free baking.
2. What kind of blogs do you follow?Travel, fashion, food, lifestyle.There's so many great blogs and some really brilliant writers. The Internet is throwing out some great new writers who will go on to do big things one of these days. Gem from FromGemWithLove is especially engaging and interesting writer, she'd write the sort of book/novel/article which you would never be able to put down and her photos are always beautiful. I really admire the fashion blogger's, a you've got hand it to anyone who have the kudos to put pictures of themselves and their outfits up and ask for opinions, and they get so much sh*t as well, you have to admire the likes of Gemfatale,Vipxo, LLYMLRS and Milkteef, they are all lovely girls but they come in for some serious (and totally unjustified) flack! I'm also seriously in love Lua Los Angeles, her food is yummy, comforting and straight talking.
3. Favourite makeup brand?
Mac and Clinique.
4. Favourite clothing brand?
Topshop, ASOS, and Primark and All Saints.
5. Indispensable makeup product?
Clinique 3-step, Clinique super balance makeup,Mac strobe cream.
6. Favourite colour(s)?
Pink, orange, navy and grey.
7. Favourite perfume?
YSL-Elle, Michael Kors For Women, and Dior's Miss Cherie.
8. Favourite film?
Pan's Labyrinth, The Pianist, Into The Wild.
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
France, I'd like to go back to Ypres and The Somme.
10. Make the last question yourself and answer - Guilty Pleasure?
Watching The Vampire diaries in my jammies with my slanket and a plate of cookies.
After thanking God, my agent and my parents, I'd like to pass
this award on to the following people:
The ace Soph at Cider With Sophie
The talented Beth at Deer Little Fawn
The owl-tastic Emily at Handmade by Emily
The gorgeous Alyse at Integrating Alyse
The Lovely Emma at Voodle
A very clever Katie at What Katie Found
And lastly the ever stylish Vickie at ADVENTURES IN FASHION