Monday 6 December 2010

General Ignorance

I'm sick. again. But I've been whinging all weekend about being ill and I've run out of puff to carry on today...luckily for you!
Apart from being having a kidney infection I didn't have too bad a weekend. Sadly all the snow melted by Saturday morning, much to my distress, but the sub zero temperatures raged on and I've been huddled up with my slanket pulled up to my ears. On Saturday I got major amounts of handmade gift making done, and on Sunday I managed to wrap all of The Boyf's presents ready for posting at the end of the week, which was a relief because I was beginning to get a feeling of rising panic that I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done, so at least that's out the way and sorted.
I concocted my own eggnog latter yesterday, but something I failed to factor into the production was that the Starbucks made eggnog latte doesn't have the alcohol content that a homemade one perhaps does, so the eggnog I used mixed with coffee (which only seemed to strengthen the over powering taste of alcohol) was strong enough to rid your bath of limescale. I had to admit defeat and give it to my dad to drink, bitter disappointment all round.
My mother (tyrant that she is) won't allow us the put up the Xmas decorations until the weekend (I know, brutal isn't she). I'm already having enough trouble trying to reconcile the fact that December has rolled around so quickly and it's mere months until I'm 26 (which quite frankly is terrifying) and the absence of the Xmas Dec's is making it harder for me to get into the swing of all things christmassy, although I did watch Santa Claus the movie on Friday, my third all time favourite Christmas film after Home Alone 2 and The Muppet's Christmas Carol.
In other news I saw recently On Sarah's blog The Gluten Free Blogger, that Marks and Spencer have released a product which is labelled as gluten free but isn't, as it contains wheat flour. While this is deeply annoying and doesn't inspire confidence I understand that this is just a basic human error, I mean I've even poisoned myself with gluten before. If you want to read the whole story visit Sarah's blog at the link above. Marks and Spencer's have never let me down before, especially where food or knickers are concerned so I can't hold it against them.
I've got a busy week, well, busy in so much as I have to get out of bed before 10am a few times.
Also, I managed at last to find a Christmas blend of coffee that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I was positive Sainsbury's did their own Xmas blend, but I must have invented that, but yesterday I took the time to scour the shelves in the coffee aisle and I found a Taylor's Christmas Coffee, beyond excited! I find much to be happy about where coffee is concerned.
Anyway, I can't remember if I mentioned before but I have devised a coeliac and gluten free FAQ. As a coeliac for every sensible question you are asked on the subject you are asked double the amount of really daft questions too. The FAQ is a tad tongue in cheek, but it covers all the questions that maybe you as coeliac (or even just a gluten free lovely) get asked, and hand on heart I myself (plus people I know) have been asked these questions at some point, so maybe next time somebody asks you if you can drink bottled water (yes, I have been asked that) you could perhaps give them a print out of the Coeliacs FAQ for some light bedtime reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Thank-you for your comment!♥