Tuesday 12 October 2010

Cod Piece

Fish and I aren't the best of friends. I go through phases of eating it two or three times a week, and then overnight I suddenly have a major aversion to it. I'm fairly fussy with fish even when I do eat it; I only eat filleted fish (I can't eat anything with a face), I can stomach prawns and crab, but the thought of being dished up a shrimp with its tiny face and beady black eyes still attached (which I would then have to pull with my own bare hands) makes me go cold and if you ever served me squid or something else with tentacles you would be forever erased from my Christmas card list (and probably my memory). Plus if watching Deadliest Catch doesn't put you off fish nothing will.
I have to confess that I actually don't like fish pie, which is today's recipe, but I can assure you though the recipe is good, and its been through several rounds of rigorous testing by my lovely Dad, who let me tell you is just about the fussiest person on the face of the planet (other than me).
I was umming and ahhing as to whether I would put this recipe up since I haven't actually eaten it, but I thought to myself, surely Jamie Oliver and Nigella don't eat every single one of their dishes before they go in their cookbooks (they actually probably do). Be reassured that I did do a taste test of everything along the way, the deconstructed pie as it were, I just couldn't bring myself to eat it after it was compiled!
Anyway, hopefully you do like fish pie! This is another easy peasy meal, and can be made the day before, covered with clingfilm and chucked in the fridge for the following night. Apart from needing a few ounces of G/F flour the rest of the ingredients are all naturally gluten free, hooray! It's also pretty purse friendly...an all round good fish (I can hear your groans from here).
Anyway, I've got to dash, Katherine has just come back on the Vampire Diaries and its getting exciting!I have a crumble for you at the end of the week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Thank-you for your comment!♥