- 125g/5oz Butter (softened)
- 125g/5oz Caster sugar
- 125g/5oz Gluten-Free self raising flour (Doves Farm, Glutafin)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp's instant coffee + a few drops of water
- 1 Tsp of vanilla essence (or extract, whichever your prefer)
- 125g/5oz Full fat cream cheese (lite or half fat versions work just was well)
- 50g/2oz Softened butter
- 300g/ 10 1/2oz Icing sugar
- 1-2 Tsps instant coffee
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas 6/200c and line your tray with your cupcake cases.
- Whizz the butter and sugar together in your blender (or in a bowl if your working those guns again) until smooth.
- With the blender running, crack an egg into the sugar/butter mix and keep blending, then add the other. blend until well mixed and smooth.
- So your cakes don't have nasty black granules of coffee in them (which are bitter when you bite in to them) you need to make a paste by mixing your instant coffee with a few drops of water until they form a smooth paste. Add to the mixture in the blender with your vanilla and give the whole lot a lovely big mix.
- Sift your flour and throw the whole lot into the blender with the rest of your (already blended) mixture and whizz it all until its a smooth, thick, runny paste.
- Spoon into the cases. It might seem like there is too much mixture to fit in all the cases, but don't worry they wont morph into gigantic cupcakes.
- Pop in the oven for a 20-25minutes, as always they should spring back to the touch when they're ready. Leave them to cool for a few minutes or so and them pop them onto a wire rack to cool.
- While your cakes are cooling and your children/dad/boyf is licking the cake bowl clean you can get on with making your frosting. Whizz the icing sugar and butter together in a blender until the mixture is well mixed and comes together in a lump.
- Add the cream cheese and the instant coffee into the blender and pulse together until everything is smooth and well mixed.
- When your cupcakes are cool, feel free to ice and decorate as you like.
- Enjoy with a mega cup of coffee in your favourite mug whilst trying to flick through a book and trying not to get icing on the pages.